The history of the Viña Segu began in 1924, when the brothers Jaime and Antonio Segu Monso, Spanish immigrants from the Lerida province in Catalonia, founded the company "Sociedad Segu Hermanos" for the sales and distribution of Chilean wines. Today, Segu wines are exported to the demanding foreign markets of America, Europe, and Asia, with great success. Segu vineyards are located in Maule valley, Melozal, 300 kilometers south of Santiago. Segú has 190 hectares of grapevines, 75% of which are planted with red varieties while the remaining 25% are dedicated to white varieties. The predominant red varieties are Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Carménère stock, while the white varieties are mainly Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, and Gewürztraminer.